• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tornado again

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
Whelp beams wreaked. Again. This time tornado hit us dead on. Touched down in my yard. Wrecked all my neighbors and some of me. Im under the funnel. Luckily my roof stayed on unlike my neighbors. Fence, trees, beam and other propery destroyed. Luckily I was herding wife, 4 cats and a pitbull into an interior bathroom and no loss of life. Shit can be fixed. God is good and my imax survived. IMG_20240426_152004.jpg20240426_125453.jpg20240426_124741.jpg20240426_124605.jpg20240426_124549.jpg

Last edited:

It turned my vquad into a pretzel....thats the 3rd one..... sigh. Hope I can get insurance to cover it.

Damn, that sucks. Have you tried the Y-Quad? I wonder what they are like, is why I ask. I have not owned a Maco antenna that I have used myself.
I have not tried the Y quad. Due to a small rotor I have used a VQ3 destroyed by wind, and two smaller v quads 1 by a near miss tornado and one by straight line winds. For my available mounting area the vquad is only thing that both fits and gives gain of a 3 element. If the weather Gods would stop chucking devastation at me I'd be happy. I'll buy yet another vquad as I love their performance and light weight (again due to mounting constraints)

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioShockwav
I have not tried the Y quad. Due to a small rotor I have used a VQ3 destroyed by wind, and two smaller v quads 1 by a near miss tornado and one by straight line winds. For my available mounting area the vquad is only thing that both fits and gives gain of a 3 element. If the weather Gods would stop chucking devastation at me I'd be happy. I'll buy yet another vquad as I love their performance and light weight (again due to mounting constraints)
I asked because a friend asked me about it. He had a PDL II back in the day and he wants something like that. I have no experience with the V quad setup. I have only had Yagi's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.