• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tower grounding

SARGE

Dec 26, 2005
TEXAS
Ok here is the set up . 60ft.crank up tower with 3 8ft. ground rods conected to each leg of tower. 1 ground rod outside of window for radio #9 ground wire 8ft long.Will this be ok or do I need to add something .thanks

GROUNDING TOWER

FL Native,

I see what your saying and will do that. tower goes up saturday,was going to use #9 ground wire and ground clamps if that will work thanks.

SARGE said:
Ok here is the set up . 60ft.crank up tower with 3 8ft. ground rods conected to each leg of tower. 1 ground rod outside of window for radio #9 ground wire 8ft long.Will this be ok or do I need to add something .thanks

Keep your radio to ground rod wire as short as possible.

While you are all talking about ground wires, I put up a small tripod on my garage roof. What type of wire is best suited for a ground wire for this? I was going to connect it to one leg of tripod and run it on stand-ups down the roof and on to a 8' gound stake. I should use 3 of them hooked in series? I was told to make a large arc as I came off the roof and along the siding of the garage as electricity does not like to make sharp bends. Is there a coated wire that is acceptable? Will #9 wire work? Thanks for any info and help!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.