• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tower info needed

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
K guys i have a tower but its still up in my grandmas yard. This is about a 40 or 45 foot tower. Tower is in her back yard and it isnt every big at all. My dad works at a sand pit and runs a loader. And it wont fit in the back yard. There is one power line around. How would i pull that sucker out? Dont really want to tear up her yard or have it fall on her house. I dont think it comes apart either. What would you do if you were in my shoes? ill look at it more clostly tomorrow and give you more details. from what im thinking its cemented in the ground a few feet. Any ideas would be great. And i would like to get this done as soon as possible. Thanks guys CDX197

if it won't fit in dady's back yard sand pile, where are you going to put it?

well, after you rip it out, just replant granny's yard with some tulips--she'll love you for it and for just getting rid of that "eyesore"

Are you saying that this tower is all one big piece of metal? No sections to it? I would think it can't be one whole tower stuck in a concrete base if a loader can't get in there. Go look fir nuts and bolts If you find them you can dismantle it from the top doun. Go climb it and see.

B00002247I.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

looked at it really close tonight. tower is 40 foot without the 10 foot piece in the ground. Dont know if im gonna dig that up or not. But it breaks down into 10 foot pieces. Dont know how im gonna get it down without falling. All there is is a brace thats holding it to the house. Once you get past that it starts to go one way or the other. Pry find some skimmy white boy to climb up there and do it for me. :D But i will either take it down sometime this week and get er done from there.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.