• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Toyota pickup

MatchboxMan

Apr 2, 2006
U.S.A.
I'm thinking of installing my old Cobra 148 in the above truck, I'm concerned about screwing up the truck's computer which is in the cab, are my concerns valid?

Matchbox,
Unless that radio is "Kicking" some serious POWA.no..and even then I don't know how.....My 2002 Tacoma has had my Superstar 3900GHP and both Unidens in it with no problem......And on my sons '93 4-runna only problem we have is keeping antennas on it ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Snoope back quiet

snoope said:
Matchbox,
Unless that radio is "Kicking" some serious POWA.no..and even then I don't know how.....My 2002 Tacoma has had my Superstar 3900GHP and both Unidens in it with no problem......And on my sons '93 4-runna only problem we have is keeping antennas on it ;) :roll: :roll: :roll:

Snoope back quiet

I don't think that even with some serious POWA it would affect anything. When running POWA, if everything is properly installed and grounded there shouldn't be any issues. I haven't run into any on my mobile. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated