• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram and Browning Prices

jonbah

Apr 2, 2005
Good Ole US of A
www.jonbah.com
I just can't believe how much these radios are bringing on the market, even the ones that have been laying in someones lawnmower shed for 20 years.

Edited By Jonbah

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=jonbah>Jonbah</A> at: 1/29/04 4:37 pm

Well allrighty then.I never thought the first post here would be so negative but what the heck.

How to respond to something like that.How about this.

Welcome to the Browning and Tram section.

Yes a lot of the prices are rediculous.A lot of what you buy on auctions is junk.Such is life.

Having owned close to a hundred Brownings and Trams over the years I have had pretty good luck with them except for the auction buys.The only Brownings I ever put in the shop(Barkett Electronics in Alabama) were auction clunkers that after a total resoldering and retubing were still not up to snuff.

I had one I had to install a new relay and socket in(MKIII)

My Trams were fully functional from the day I bought them to the day I sold them.Except for ones I bought non working for parts.Installed new BA boards in two of them.

I just think you had bad luck and a bad experiance.

Personally I love the old tube type radios.

Do I talk on them all the time.No.

On SSB I use my IC738 mainly.On AM I use my 2517 or 2990.Different strokes for different folks.All those tubes are great on a cold winter day though.

Take care and thank you for contributing to the section.73s

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxoutlaw22>DXoutlaw22</A> 
texas.gif
at: 1/28/04 11:44 pm

Thanks for the input Buck.I also love my Brownings.

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22

</p>

No you are correct.Tubes can go bad just sitting on a shelf.Also when installing new tubes I recommend at least 12 hours burn in time.Thanks for the input AM

MyOutlawSig1.jpg

texas_dx_license.jpg

GoArmy1.gif

2TX922

IR2622

CDX922

WO922

YG22

LS22

DX22

MM22

LW22