• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tram / Browning and amp problem.

King Mudduck

FEAR THE DUCK!
May 6, 2005
285 South Western Virgina waving!
I have a D201A and a Mark 3 that i use with a Pride DX-300. After i first tuned both radios to work with this amp, 3 to 4 watt key on both with a swing to around 10 to 12 watts. With the amp on it would key around 150 watts and i have used it like this for months. In the past 2 weeks for no reason at all with the same key, coax and antenna it is keying over 250 watts with either the Tram or the Browning. So this past weekend i got new coax, the good stuff but it's still doing the same damn thing! The funny thing is that i have a Colt Excalibur SSB that is set on the same key swinging to about 20 Watts and with the amp on it only keys 150 watts! The amp still shows the same pep power with any of the radios as it did before but the key is higher on the 2 tube radios but not the Colt. This makes no since to me that 3 radios with more or less the same key would do this.....and yes i do retune the amp when i use a different radio.

What the hell is wrong here?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.