• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tram d201 transmit on manual tuner mod

johnny9

Dec 3, 2013
bikini state
ok..im trying to fix up the tram d201 myself since shipping is outrages..
the mod for talking on the manuel tune"vfo" is fairly easy and i have it done except the part that says..clip d126 and d125,,
please help; heres a pic of the mod,1st pic.
i understand that the x shows where to "clip" before the diode,on the red and white wire before it goes in the diode. but not sure about the next "clip"

second pic is the schematic showing d126 and d125..i do understand the colerd v is the diode so is it showing each side of 1 or 2 diodes?

the 3rd pic,i have a stick beside the d125 red/white wire i need to clip,just before the red/wht wire goes in the diode..just not understanding the next "clip on d126..thanks as always,,j9;)

Attachments

• tram 012.JPG
    tram 012.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 61
  • tram 011.JPG
    tram 011.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 57
  • tram 026.JPG
    tram 026.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 55

where i have the stick is to clip d125,theres another wht/red wire just like i behind the same leg of the diode..but dont think would be the d126 but i is the same color? or is that it?

yall would laugh but i will say i been studying this for 6 hrs lol..im slow but not a quiter..:censored:

In the movies, it's always the red wire that keeps the bomb from going off. ;) If you don't get an answer here, you might try TramDr on YouTube.

RT307

yep,thats where i cut first the red wire..well red and white:D
i clipped it at where it enters the diode,and im 99 percent sure its correct..
the next clip i clipped the bottom right org/wh wire on back side of the last leg of the diode,, and lost am recieve so hooked back up.
then made the last "clip" on the last leg of the diode itself and everything seems to be working as it should all day..been talking and seems fine.
ecxcept for te hum im gonna try fixing next.

heres what i did and easyer to follow for the "not so sharpest tool in the shed"
if anyone sees that i did something wrong please let me"golden screwdriver guy" no:D

Attachments

• tram 004.JPG
    tram 004.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 40
scratch everything ive said and posted.the answer is in the first pic i posted,
the x is on both sides of the diodes,which means cut them out:headbang

after getting all the caps sizes and values wrote down i realized how ard i made this mod whn it was really simple..
now with the red/white wire hooked back up maybe my hum in transmit will go away but i doubt it.
thats a hole new thing i will figure out if you tech guys dont help me<gotproof>

this thread should be done,heres where i need help now on these 2 capacitors beside the power transformer.

anyone?
http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-...3942-help-techs-tram-d201-hum-cap-change.html

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.