• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Transistors ? 2SC1969 Verses NTE 236

Last night I replaced my Grant XL's original 2sc1969 with a RI-236 (Russell Industries) and it went from 0 transmit to dead keying 4 and swinging to 18+. This $10 transistor is working great for me and I am glad I gave it a try. The only question is how long it will last, so I got two just in case.

Last night I replaced my Grant XL's original 2sc1969 with a RI-236 (Russell Industries) and it went from 0 transmit to dead keying 4 and swinging to 18+. This $10 transistor is working great for me and I am glad I gave it a try. The only question is how long it will last, so I got two just in case.

You can probably get an good idea about how long it is going to last by how hot it is.
You can monitor the heat with your finger.
If after talking for a while you find that it is extremely hot then it probably ain't gonna last too long, but on the other hand if it runs just on the warm side it should last a very long time.

Reactions: 1 person
You can probably get an good idea about how long it is going to last by how hot it is.
You can monitor the heat with your finger.
If after talking for a while you find that it is extremely hot then it probably ain't gonna last too long, but on the other hand if it runs just on the warm side it should last a very long time.

Guess I will keep the cover off and check how hot it gets, thanks for the tip. I was surprised about its output based on the comments here about this and other 2sc1965 clones.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.