• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trashing the band

I take it by your avatar you like the powa class C boxes give you. Stupid is the operator that doesn't know the difference between being clean and strong and being a band dominator with a crappy signal.

Reactions: hobie102
I feel compelled to say that I am so grateful for the folks on this board. As a noobie, the info I gather here helps me put together equipment and systems that operate clean and on frequency. Even if I do run power, which I don't currently, I want it to be clean and have no desire to create the "wash" and bleed over that so pisses me off when I'm working DX. I know my goal is different than others in that, I really enjoy hearing stations tell me; "Man, that's a great sounding station"! it's all thanks to you folks. I just refuse to stoop to their level (Mexico is a big offender as they shut down even Europe at times). It's inconsiderate and selfish. OK, that's enough of my mindless babbling ranting! 73's

I'm having a hard time seeing how hifi audio fits into the 10 kHz channel spec, and how such a narrow pass filter would be built.

You can run Hi-Fi and not bleed into the Channel above or below the one you are operating on with the 10kHz Spacing.

If you limit your High End Treble to 5kHz (with a Brick Wall Filter), or even better, 4.5kHz with normal filtering, you will not spill over into the next channel above or below.

That is why when I suggest Hi-Fi modifications on CB's, I suggest increasing the Low End Bass Frequency Response, but I do not touch the factory High End filters. Most radios are spec'ed around 300Hz to 4.5 kHz. I just suggest extending the Low End down to 75hz-100 Hz to allow the operator to sound less like Pee-Wee Herman.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.