• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-421A schematic anyone ?

FuzzyTheBear

Oct 19, 2013
Hello

Trying to find a schematic/service manual for a Realistic TRC-421A which
seems to be a bit hard to get. The RS web site does NOT have a schematic for it and my searches have not turned out anything up to now.

If anyone knows where one is hiding or have a copy i would really appreciate.
The tx is dead , rx there's noise , but nothing else.Like an oscillator is dead but i got no schematic to hunt this down .

Help locating this schematic would be appreciated.

Fuzzy

The 421A is a 35 year old throwaway radio so finding a schematic will be a challenge. Google and Bing are the best bets.

Chassis

the chassis type is a p-200979
tells us nothing on google and yahoo etc ..
And no Sams does not have anything on it . Before i came here i had already exhausted the list of obvious places , including the Radio Shack website and sent them a message asking for it only to be told they don't even have it ..

The reason to persue this way is simply a waste of time activity.
heck for receiving i got a R-390A/URR so beats his small radio anytime
and a Hallicrafters S-38E that also beats it .
Frankly .it's just a past time . I Seen these for 20 bucks on ebay , money is not the matter , it's just hunting down a problem , solving it and then just put the unit on a shelf useless LOL :D

Seriously i haven't given it a serious look ,i would have loved to have a diagram to cut the debug time down , but i got the equipment to get this done if i can't find anything within the next week or so.

Got a RA-88 slated for a rebuild / overhaul in the meantime.

Fuzzy

the chassis type is a p-200979
tells us nothing on google and yahoo etc ..
And no Sams does not have anything on it . Before i came here i had already exhausted the list of obvious places , including the Radio Shack website and sent them a message asking for it only to be told they don't even have it ..

The reason to persue this way is simply a waste of time activity.
heck for receiving i got a R-390A/URR so beats his small radio anytime
and a Hallicrafters S-38E that also beats it .
Frankly .it's just a past time . I Seen these for 20 bucks on ebay , money is not the matter , it's just hunting down a problem , solving it and then just put the unit on a shelf useless LOL :D

Seriously i haven't given it a serious look ,i would have loved to have a diagram to cut the debug time down , but i got the equipment to get this done if i can't find anything within the next week or so.

Got a RA-88 slated for a rebuild / overhaul in the meantime.

Fuzzy

OK. I bought mine off Ebay for $21. I'm posting these pics for whoever can figure out who made this pcb. I don't know but maybe someone on this forum does. Plus I'd like to know for myself.

On the LC7131 that was the first part i had suspected and since i had two new ones in stock , just changed it for the heck of it no go .. ill come back to the thread every now and then see if anyone found anything about this mystery radio :)

Thanks guys :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.