• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-447 WHAT DO YOU THINK?

what do you think

• looks good

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • looks bad

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

littleman23

Apr 17, 2010
I JUST GOT BORED AND PUT IN SOME LED LIGHTS. I ORDERED THE NEW CHANNEL DISPLAY AND TX LIGHT BUT I AM WAITING ON THEM STILL. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK SO FAR.

watch

in it's original form, the trc-447 is not a bad looking radio. it resembles the cobra 29. it will look really sharp once you add the blue channel display. but, cosmetics are not everything...... i have owned the trc-444, the trc-446 and the trc-447 and all of them were garbage radios. none of them had any power, modulation and they were all prone to intermod from EVERYTHING. just my experience with these radios, your experience may differ.

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
ya i have not had any problems yet with it. i am looking into getting it peaked and tuned. other than that i just use it in my pick up

Doing all of the work himself? I think it is proper to radio and will go a long way. Eventually, he may get into SSB mode and get a Cobra 148GTL/5 pin mic and maybe even become a Ham operator too. It is about taking each step one at a time...

Reactions: tim welsh
ya i am new to this and i am really getting into it. ya i did the lights myself but when it comes to the other things i will have someone else do them until i know more about radio's and how they work.

i have owned the trc-444, the trc-446 and the trc-447 and all of them were garbage radios. none of them had any power, modulation and they were all prone to intermod from EVERYTHING.

You missed it by one model number...the TRC 448 out shined many of the previous models .....

Jeff

ya i pulled the knobs forward a bit and know it shows blue through them. looks like the cobra 29 nw. ill put more pics on tomorrow

TRC-448, 449, 457, and 458 can all be nice talkers with a little work.

Attachments

• TRC448on.jpg
    TRC448on.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 30
  • TRC457Blue.JPG
    TRC457Blue.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 22
  • TRC458-19A.JPG
    TRC458-19A.JPG
    861.5 KB · Views: 22
TRC-448, 449, 457, and 458 can all be nice talkers with a little work.

the 458 was a GREAT base radio. they could be expanded for extra channels
and will tune up nicely if right person is in it. put a tuner plus 3 or d104
these are good radios.and if ya look closely the one i was testing out years ago
had uniden boards inside. ihmo this was realistics last grreat base radio

The only issue with the 448 is that it uses a pretty exotic board that uses a unobtanium chip that will go bye bye if you short it by accident thrying toi install extras.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.