• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-449 Variences ?

jrd426

Sep 5, 2018
Just wondering what if any differences with the 449s that have a chrome finish faceplate vs the 449 that has a flat greyish faceplate ? I seem to have both types. Maybe 399 will know :) 73

Reactions: doffo

I've never seen one with a grey faceplate ! They were a common mobile radio up here in Canada back in the day, but all the ones I've seen were chrome faceplate.
Maybe the grey ones were only sold in the U.S.
The chrome ones are internally identical to the 457 and 458 Navaho radios.

Reactions: doffo
There are only the 2 variances of the 449, but internally I dont think there are differences. :) I have the matte grey colour faceplate as well as 3 of the chromes. Here is a picture off google that wasn't the chrome faceplate.trc 449 matte faceplate.jpg

I have never seen one of those. Only chrome face.
I got lucky and bought one the summer of 2017 off eBay for about $50. I didn't realize the difference till it came in the mail. I thought maybe the chrome was really faded or needed a cleaning, but thats when I knew the colour was different.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.