• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-451 predriver problem

"The transistor Uniden used before the 1969 was the 2SC1307. It should work in that radio, and that's what you'll find in most 23-channel SSB CB models. Unless it's so old the final is in a metal package."

here are the driver / final combinations that i have had success with over the last several decades.

the TRC451 is not the only chassis that these apply to, just one of many.

2SC1306 > 2SC1307
2SC2166 > 2SC1969
2SC1957 > 2SC1969
2SC2028 > 2SC2029/1

The final transistor Uniden used in Realistic radios before the 1969 was the 2SC2029/1.

Last edited:
sorry for your loss..after having several dogs that I been with from birth to death, decided to not have anymore..grief is real and painful..

I'm ok, and Thank you - I just don't want the thread to detract from what your needs to fix a TRC451...

Sounds like you're making progress, but also too, we await the arrival of a transistor...

Life either thru raising a pet or through marriage, or living with another partner, relative or even the perchance meeting a complete stranger that you only were aware of the moment of their passing - Yes, the loss is real, and throws you out of order when the routine you were able to do and adjust your life around, now is gone.

The common things you walked by, seen or otherwise interacted with - are all different - changed - I'm told this is normal - but to me - I perceive things differently now than with having a responsibility to handle your current tasks of husbandry that you were accountable for.

As for this thread, the time I would have had to reflect upon the questions raised here or in various threads I've applied myself to - this is none different - except for my new schedule now has more open slots - not that I should have to occupy them with here, but these scheduling and thought mishaps are going to occur. At least I'm willnig to admit to my mistakes...(y)(y)

But again - I digress, so as I see with the post just above this one, the Bipolar issues still exist if only in-situ.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.