• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-457 Channel Mod

Chuck Bravo

Sep 22, 2005
FN03
I picked up a sweet TRC-457 at the swap meet a few weeks back and it has the extra channel mod done. I think it's a Uniden board in there.

A four position rotory switch that adds 200 Khz each index, and a single-pole single throw toggle switch that drops the operating frequency one meg.

I want the SPST switch to add a meg instead of subtract a meg.

Currently, if I'm on Ch 19 and I throw the switch, I QSY from 27.185 to 26.185 mHz. I would prefer to be at 28.185 mHz.

Is there anyone here that is familiar with this mod and can please help me get this little beauty on ten meters?

Since nobody responded, I might add that I am fully licienced with over 127 countries confirmed on ten meters alone. Just in case someone who can help me thinks I might be looking for a quiet place to chat with my good buddies. :D :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.