• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-457 SERVICE MANUAL

Copycat32

Feb 9, 2024
Northern New Jersey
Hi all.. I just acuiweed a trc457 totaly vergin never has the cover off.. Need to go through the audio as its clipping so bad I can't get more then 20%audio out
Looking for a sevice manual and any tips for the audio
Thank You
73s

Service manual available here courtesy a forum member who has since become a silent key:

Tips and tricks from another forum member's web site:

I'm in the "It's old, recap it!" camp regarding the 457 and it's electrolytics. Others may disagree. I do recommend replacing C179 (2.2 microfarad tantalum) with either an electrolytic or a higher voltage tantalum. But that's just because I had one explode when I had a radio keyed up.

Now I'll shut up and let the people who actually know something chime in.

Use the TRC458 factory Service manual posted on this forum. Identical chassis no digital clock.
unit_399

Realistic TRC-458 FACTORY Service Manual

Service manual available here courtesy a forum member who has since become a silent key:

Tips and tricks from another forum member's web site:

I'm in the "It's old, recap it!" camp regarding the 457 and it's electrolytics. Others may disagree. I do recommend replacing C179 (2.2 microfarad tantalum) with either an electrolytic or a higher voltage tantalum. But that's just because I had one explode when I had a radio keyed up.

Now I'll shut up and let the people who actually know something chime in.
Thank You ill check in to it.. Looking at Klondike mikes for a kit

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.