• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRC-458 FINAL TRANSISTOR

:oops:I ordered and new final for my navajo....Thet sent a 2sc1308 instead of the 2sc1307.
Will this work??? Looked at pdf and they are similar.
Thanks

REALLY?!
I am curious as to where you ordered this part so I don't ever make the mistake of ordering parts from them.....lol
They made a really stupid mistake.
That is a horizontal output transistor for a color television.....not even close to an RF output transistor.
Who ever substituted that was using some kind of female logic.
And to answer your question unequivacally; No, it will not work, even if it was in the TO-220 package, it is not an RF output transistor by any means.

REALLY?!
I am curious as to where you ordered this part so I don't ever make the mistake of ordering parts from them.....lol
They made a really stupid mistake.
That is a horizontal output transistor for a color television.....not even close to an RF output transistor.
Who ever substituted that was using some kind of female logic.
And to answer your question unequivacally; No, it will not work, even if it was in the TO-220 package, it is not an RF output transistor by any means.

It's only one number off, that's about as close as you can get right?:headbang

Reactions: 1 person
get your money back from ken's and order from the right place, and not that ebay stuff that's a crap shoot!

trying to save a penny will cost you a dime.

You can get genuine 2SC1969's from RF parts for 14.50, last I checked. The 1969's will work fine in the old D858 AM/SSB chassis, and in fact, I've noticed more output in most units after a proper re-alignment of the TX section.

Good luck!

~Cheers~

You can get genuine 2SC1969's from RF parts for 14.50, last I checked. The 1969's will work fine in the old D858 AM/SSB chassis, and in fact, I've noticed more output in most units after a proper re-alignment of the TX section.

Good luck!

~Cheers~

makes me wonder if the ECG-236/NTE-236 is workable somehow?

The ECG/NTE 236's will work, however, they are really hit 'n' miss as far as output and quality goes... I wouldn't get one. You're better off getting a genuine 1969 or 1307, or going to a CB shop and seeing if they'd sell you a good used pull. Just my .02 worth.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 2 people
The ECG/NTE 236's will work, however, they are really hit 'n' miss as far as output and quality goes... I wouldn't get one. You're better off getting a genuine 1969 or 1307, or going to a CB shop and seeing if they'd sell you a good used pull. Just my .02 worth.

~Cheers~

X2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.