• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trouble shooting a Robyn SB-520D (NOMAD)

I got the Robyn to power up finally on 110 house current.But no transmit.When Ikey the mic, the red transmit light comes on, the meter drops to zero.The finals ?Whats the factory final #, 1307 ? Can it be replaced with a 1969 ?

If the relay "chatters" when you keyup in ssb, check to see if C179 is shorted. This will prevent the unit from transmitting.

I got the Robyn to power up finally on 110 house current.But no transmit.When Ikey the mic, the red transmit light comes on, the meter drops to zero.The finals ?Whats the factory final #, 1307 ? Can it be replaced with a 1969 ?

the 1969 and 1307 are swapable... I have done it a few times... I have even seen the 2166 used in it's place

Thanks a million for the info , mr_fx. Now , between the two, which one be the more rugged , the 1969 ? I also found C179 which I intended to remove, that is until I flipped the radio over and saw the underside of the board. My first thought was , "Forget it" I saw a webpage on the Realistic 458 that C179 could be removed and left out completely. Aso, the 1307 does not like 16volts, replace 1307 with a MRF455 , no more blown finals. Any ideas on that ? This is my first attempt at repairing my own radio, so I appreciate any and all replies.

robyn 520d

I have just picked up this Robyn 520 d and can not get it to tx ! I can hear it on a near by radio but nothing on the meters ! Can some one help i have replaced L36 being it was ripped from the board but need help getting it to tx ! When i key up tx light comes on and can be heard on another radio but the radio rx s great PLEASE help

I have just picked up this Robyn 520 d and can not get it to tx ! I can hear it on a near by radio but nothing on the meters ! Can some one help i have replaced L36 being it was ripped from the board but need help getting it to tx ! When i key up tx light comes on and can be heard on another radio but the radio rx s great PLEASE help

Probably the driver or the final transistor.
This is not unusual.

Also - check/replace C179 - IIRC.

Last edited:
Probably the driver or the final transistor.
This is not unusual.

Also - check/replace C179 - IIRC.

does any one have the scematic for this radio looks like they have changed some parts int the out put stage ... Just wanna know it there right

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.