• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

True innovation in mobile antennas

Yes, I’ve read a few of them.

Funny thing is, the conventionally designed antennas seem well constructed. You’d think there could be money made without the gimmicks.

I can’t believe some of these designs are still being made! There used to be a few local, but I haven’t seen one in ages. They do seem to get out when you run 10kw through them. Haha

It’s a
Slowmover,
Sha Sha was running that setup on his van for a long time and it works.
Lots of guys pulled up to the line against that van and got beat.
To me it looks like a folded dipole array.
Search on you tube For Sha Sha

Jeff

It’s also environmentally-conscious recycling of a king-sized bed frame. Or three. (Thirty?). Thus, “Green”.

Combatting climate change is a responsibility of each of us.

Though, fitting (12) Tesla PowerWalls will a mite bit more difficult than just tossing a second V8 engine into the rear, ha!

It’s also environmentally-conscious recycling of a king-sized bed frame. Or three. (Thirty?). Thus, “Green”.

Combatting climate change is a responsibility of each of us.

Though, fitting (12) Tesla PowerWalls will a mite bit more difficult than just tossing a second V8 engine into the rear, ha!

Lol. I don’t have any issues with the shootout setups. At least most of the guys I knew where doing some kind of testing, and turning a suburban into a beam, in my mind, remains some sort of a black art.

I personally never got past 2 antennas, both running one hot, and phased setups. Then again, I didn’t do any of the actual competitions, just our local Friday night “run what you brung” get togethers.

Yes, I’ve read a few of them.

Funny thing is, the conventionally designed antennas seem well constructed. You’d think there could be money made without the gimmicks.

I can’t believe some of these designs are still being made! There used to be a few local, but I haven’t seen one in ages. They do seem to get out when you run 10kw through them. Haha

Used to be able go to shootouts and Troy would have boxes full of anything and everything, all with 3/8 24 threads on them.
You could spend all day screwing different parts/coils/stuff together.
Yes his " conventional" antennas were ok.
But the rest of the "mobile beam" antennas were just snake oil.
I don't even know if he is still doing this anymore.

Jeff

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated