• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TRUE PEAK METERS

My Dosy also does that over my true peak reading meter but thats because that dosy is no a true peak meter so the reading your getting is simply the Dosy fibbing or showing what most people wanna see SWIIIIIIING!!! ;)

Reactions: 1 person
A true active peak reading meter will tell you to use the true peak reading function it requires an internal battery or batteries or it HAS to be pluged in to a wall wart because the power is needed to run the peak function ;)

Whe you see that PEP or Peak setting on dosy and Radio Shack and most other meters that is simply for meter movement for needle hold or slower movement for SSB use ;)

Reactions: 1 person
A true active peak reading meter will tell you to use the true peak reading function it requires an internal battery or batteries or it HAS to be pluged in to a wall wart because the power is needed to run the peak function ;)

Whe you see that PEP or Peak setting on dosy and Radio Shack and most other meters that is simply for meter movement for needle hold or slower movement for SSB use ;)

Yeah...my 801 has a plug in the back that I run to a power supply....it lights up the meter.....but it does not make any noticeable difference in the pep that I can see?
But the 801 is nice.....you can see your swr every time you key up. :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?