1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to build a big beam

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by tackhammer629, Apr 3, 2013.

1. tackhammer629

tackhammer629 Member

I am trying to build a big 11 meter beam i have a bunch of maco parts i want to build a 36 foot 6 i am having troubles using antenna modeling software and cant find info on the best way to build it i want to stay at 27.2050 i need help

thank you for your time

matt

2. 2RT307

2RT307 Sr. Member

There are a lot of sites out there to give you the information that you need. I found this one interesting:
    3 to 8 elements yagi

There are a lot of guys here that love to build home brew antennas, too. And they love to see a project come along with posts and pics!

RT307

3. Marconi

Marconi Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.

Matt, here is a link to K8CC's website. K8CC Home Page

He has a 2001 article in "ARRL's Yagi Antenna Classics" where he optimized several beam ideas for a 5 and 6 element yagi beam that you may find interesting. He provides dimensions and I did a couple of his models that look very good using Eznec.

Here is one that I did using Eznec. I didn't add a boom, but I think the results are probably close.

View attachment CC-5 yagi 27.205.pdf

1 person likes this.