• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trying to deal with tube finals.

"then hooked up the abc 250 plus tube amp..radio to meter,meter to amp,antenna to correct side of the amp..seemed correct hopefully."
You can not read the output of your amp with the meter at the input.
Rich

im trying to learn so please help if im hooked up wrong.

i have the radio hooked to ant side of meter...tx side of meter to amp,and rg8 coax to ant side of the amp.and have no more power reading on meter than with just the cb,but assumed it was because of the center tube not getting juiced like the rest?please set me straight..sorry but im trying ..

the amp keys up with all radios and everytime i try,just having a problem with the center tube /socket not getting blueish like the other 4 tubes when keyed.explaned better below.

heres the amp with pics in idle and when keyed..
http://www.worldwidedx.com/amplifiers/163112-abc-electronics-inc-250-plus-w-pics.html

by george "i mean 359"i think i got it..thanks for helping..i looked it up and got it right and seen a diff imeadiatly..
i adjusted per captainkilowats thread and had good results.
i wasnt looking to talk and go big or nothing just trying to get started in the right direction and i did..now its on the side till i get antenna up another 20-25 ft
i got the tune and load adjusted to max,then dipped the load a hair..the drive kinda the same as im not positiveon the drive part yet.
the load is the plate tho correct,or is it the drive part? thanks for the help,john

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.