• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trylon Towers?

Looks like a Rohn knock off
Supposed to be directly interchangeable.

Trylon TSF - Building The Global Communications Infrastructure

Any body seen any?
Is it as good as Rohn?
Better?

They are hardly a Rohn knockoff. Both businesses have been in the tower business for over 50 years and started about the same time. Trylon TSF has been making commercial broadcast towers for years as has Rohn. Trylon does make freestanding towers but I have yet to see a Rohn freestanding tower. All I ever see is the 25G,45G,55G, and 65G series of guyed towers.Are they better? Well I have seen a LOT more Trylon commercial towers than Rohn towers. Of the 11 towers I maintained, six were Trylon, three were Wind Turbine (now out of business) and the other two escape me at the moment but they were not Rohn. As for CB and ham quality towers, they both make good stuff.

All I can say is that considering the price of those 'Trylon' towers, I think I'd keep looking for a Rohn tower. :)
And a question. Do you have to assemble those things, or are the replacement parts just in case something breaks? With me doing the assembling, I think I'd be better off planting a tree.
- 'Doc

The one piece I want is slightly different (by Trylon) and a couple bucks cheaper than Texas Towers.
I could just cut a 10' section in half and mess around with it drilling holes etc.
I am having a hard time getting someone to cut loose with just one section

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.