• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tune up help

Defpom page had nothing.
CB Tricks forum had nothing.
Quack Shack forum had nothing.
CB Radio Talk forum had nothing.
This site has nothing...

I don't want to burst your bubble; but this isn't a popular radio to own or mod.
Best thing for it, is to put a Astatic D-104 handheld mic (cost about $45) on it; that should boost your modulation a bit more w/o needing to go in and internally mod it.
Or get an DM-452 echo mic - cost about $20 and can be bought on eBay. Then, you will need to wire either the DM-452 or the D-104 mic to a D.I.N. mic plug for your TRC-503. That also may turn into a trial-and-error event; as I coundn't even find a mic wiring diagram for it. Either mic will boost your modulation.

If you are disappointed with the performance or options for that radio, you would be surprised how far $50 goes on this forum for another used radio. Other than that, maybe someone on this forum may yet know something about that radio...

Last edited:
I hate to admit it...the corporate bas*!$$!...but google can be your pal sometimes. Many several hits on the 503 and here is one of them, a free download of the Service Manual. All the tune up points should be in there. I didn't download just to look at it but you give 'er a try:

Radio Shack TRC-503 Service Manual free download,schematics,datasheets,eeprom bins,pcb,repair info for test equipment and electronics

Good luck
interview.gif

oh well

I know its not a popular radio but its something to piddle with and see what i can find out about u can never tell what we may find out about it thanks on the info im just trying to learn a little:mellow:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.