• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tuning a Magnum S-9

Id contact DTB here on the foum. He does very good work. On a different note Magnum international says the S-9 needs no tuneup or alignment to operate properly......Take it for what its worth :LOL:

GUMBALL1 said:
I have a Magnum S-9, that I want checked, tuned and aligned. Of all the techs in the country, who is the best to send this radio to...?

send it back to magnum they will do it for free...I just had one done with a bad freq counter :) and the radio was 2 years old
no questions asked you pay shipping out and they do the rest :)

1.877MAGNUM 9
saml@rflimited.com
P.S Mr Sam Lewis rocks :)

I would say Bob's as well since they developed the SP-1A and Top Gun Modulator. You could also check forum members here like DTB and Freecell.

Although I have no experience with Magnum radios, I'm very happy with everything I've gotten from Bob's CB. Just my $.02.

CORSAIR said:
lords said:
GUMBALL1 said:
I have a Magnum S-9, that I want checked, tuned and aligned. Of all the techs in the country, who is the best to send this radio to...?

send it back to magnum they will do it for free...I just had one done with a bad freq counter :) and the radio was 2 years old
no questions asked you pay shipping out and they do the rest :)

1.877MAGNUM 9
saml@rflimited.com
P.S Mr Sam Lewis rocks :)

Not totally true, they had me send one back to a guy in Tn. and he did nothing to the radio but he did give me a call and tell me that the mod limiter had been clipped and that he would not ship it back until he had repaired the limiter and this was the second time I had sent it to this same guy, I told him to box up my radio and send it back without working on it because he could'nt tell me what was wrong with my radio but he could tell me that I had to have the limiter repaired.

The problem with that radio was that it would show the be on channel 19 and all the time it would transmitt and recieve on channel 18, I have to laugh at myself because for 3 weeks it was very quiet on channel 19 and the only way I found out something was wrong with the radio I that I got bleed over from 2 passing trucks and I asked them why they were talking on channel 18 and that's when they informed me that they were on channel nineteen, so it was off one channel for who knows how long and the (tech) in tn. could not find the problem because it was intermittent.

Sounds like someone had a golden screwdriver in it.

MAGNUM S9

in a number of dealers who sell Magnums they say no peak/tune already done at the factory, only thing left is band expansion, so if peak/tune is to be done the dealer is taking your money for that..

doctor/795 :shock:

Thats what Magnum claims anyway. It's only a rip off if the shop charges you and then does nothing but convert it.

Re: MAGNUM S9

doctor said:
in a number of dealers who sell Magnums they say no peak/tune already done at the factory, only thing left is band expansion, so if peak/tune is to be done the dealer is taking your money for that..

doctor/795 :shock:
Ditto. The one I had was perfect right out of the box after the conversion, but Bob knows a few tricks to get a little more out of them if you're wanting more.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.