• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

?? Tuning the new Maco V58 ??

I dialed mine in at 12' and mounted it at 52' to base and it got a tiny bit worse and now I cant reach it ;( do what you have to do with the radiator length and the matching ring to get it as FLAT as possible before it goes into the air ! Mine went from 1:1 at 12' across the 40 to 1:1.03-1:1.7 across the 40 when it went up . If your not flat on the ground it will only get worse ..

Best Omni I have ever owned though ! I had the v5/8 then the radials sagged so I got the 5/8-5000 and its a beefy performer no doubt !!

My 2 Cents , 73's 4-2-Zero New Jersey . Brian
Just bought the V58...now wondering if I should have gotten the 5000

Don't forget the rc slots stuck down there in the original 23 channels

It's not going to matter too much.
You will find many casual users of CB don't know what actual frequency they are on as they just look at the channel display.
Only us nutty radio guys worry about frequencys.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated