• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turn your Android/Iphone into a world wide walkie talkie.

oz457

Dec 31, 2011
I have been using the Zello program for a while now. They have upgraded their software recently and it really becomes a real interesting program.
If you own a smartphone, you can download the program from your app store. It works on a simple 2G connection.
The most interesting channel I have bumped into is the channel "27.555". Just search for the channel without the " " quotes. There are operators from Europe, USA, Hawaii, South Africa, etc, etc.

I have been using it on my smartphone when I was abroad in Thailand. It worked as a jewel on a simple 2G connection. The audio was absolutely clear and I was able to talk with my family.

This app is also Bullshit. It wants permissions from your phone that is not necessary. It reads your cantacts, emails. It can allow malicious apps to take advantage of your info.

Download at your on risk.

Bullshit Alert!

Use Skype or some other trusted app.

Reactions: 1 person
This app is also Bullshit. It wants permissions from your phone that is not necessary. It reads your cantacts, emails. It can allow malicious apps to take advantage of your info.

Download at your on risk.

Bullshit Alert!

Use Skype or some other trusted app.

Homeland Security you know. Got to make sure you ain't one of them terrists.
I was wondering about if there was an app for that but make one where I can drop that hammer on some certain king of California.

This is just one set of permissions it wants:

Screenshot_2013-04-04-15-47-57_zps3878528e.png

I'm glad it works & he likes it, but this doesn't seem like a very good idea. We don't need more reasons for others to gain even more information about us. I agree with the CB comment.. hell find me an app that lets me go through the toll road for free & bypass the scale house for free then I'LL be impressed. Or an app.that will bring gas/fuel back down to $1.00 a gallon.

I'll stick with my Sprint 300 anytime minutes......free unlimited incoming.......free unlimited weekends and blocked texting for $39.95 a month. Spending more than that is against my religion.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.