• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner +3 disassembly help please

Send me your original element. I will send you a good one I have before you were to go the condenser mic route. Just saying, the condensers have their place, but the mojo is not even the same….
Agreed! It is NOT an upgrade! I had the same conversation with Bob (ENY), who is a friend of mine, when I told him it is a band-aid fix, not an upgrade, but more of a last resort. No way will that electret sound like a ceramic Turner. His fix was for the crystal D-104, not the ceramic Turner. I don't know how well that electret is going to play with the amp/compressor in the Turner. All of the reasons to have a Turner mic are lost with an electret element

Last edited:
I transplant the crystal packet from Philmore LM101S microphones into the dead MC320’s (The LM101 is Still produced) There are two locals that run elements that I rebuilt and none of us can tell any difference between those two and good MC320 elements. I also convert them to Ceramic (MC321) as well.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I transplant the crystal packet from Philmore LM101S microphones into the dead MC320’s (The LM101 is Still produced) There are two locals that run elements that I rebuilt and none of us can tell any difference between those two and good MC320 elements. I also convert them to Ceramic (MC321) as well.
Is the Turner Plus 2 similar enough to the Turner Plus 3? Could I put a Plus 3 element in a Plus 2?

Is the Turner Plus 2 similar enough to the Turner Plus 3? Could I put a Plus 3 element in a Plus 3?
The elements are different sizes. The plus 2 is nearly twice the diameter. I believe you should be able to put a 3 element into a 2 microphone. I have never tried it though.

But, if you are not talking about the desk mics, I believe the 2 and 3 mobile elements are the same size if not the same as part overall.

The elements are different sizes. The plus 2 is nearly twice the diameter. I believe you should be able to put a 3 element into a 2 microphone. I have never tried it though.
Gotcha, I think I'll try the Plus 3 in the Plus 2 and see what I get. Do you still rebuild the Plus 2 elements?

I need to look at that LM101. Where do you get them from?

There are other places, but mainly ebay so far. Sadly they used to be 11.xx shipped.

Attachments

• D2DE7EC5-285B-4CCA-A218-9B2014DDBC20.png
    D2DE7EC5-285B-4CCA-A218-9B2014DDBC20.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 66

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.