• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner jm+3 hand held Mic help

If this helps its a pin out for your radio. You will need to open the mic and trace wires to match it up.
STOCK WIRING OF TELSAT SSB-1140:

PIN #1 ~ AUDIO
PIN #2 ~ TRANSMIT
PIN #3 ~ SWITCH WIRE
PIN #4 ~ SHIELD
PIN #5 ~ RECEIVE

Reactions: RT431
The telsat pinout looks like relay switching, the jm+3 is wired for electronic switching from the factory, m+3 came wired for relay switching,
if so you need swap the switch wiring inside the mic from jm+3 electronic to m+3 relay switching,

Reactions: Woody-202 and Tokin
Try this link...
https://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/information-on-a-wiring-diagram.251135/

Then add this...
Yes, you'll need Pin 3 included - we cannot verify the internal of the 1140 - that is up to you - so keep Pin 3 - treat it like a Grant XL or Cobra 148 - Both MIC SHIELD and SWITCH COMMON - BOTH CAN BE SHIELD) and are GROUND!
Lafayette1140Mic5pindin.jpg
Else...you'll need to determine in 1140 is RELAY'ed or Electronic - the one I worked on was Electronic so RED was used to GROUND RECEIVE (Speaker)
JM31140.jpg

Red then goes to PLUNGER-IN TRANSMIT pin (on NON-RELAY it's BLACK) So Black swaps to center - RED where BLACK was BECAUSE THE SPEAKER IS SWITCHED INSIDE RADIO THROUGH RELAY...
RelayJM3.jpg

So...
  • - WHITE will always be AUDIO
  • - SHIELD will always be GROUND
  • - RED FORCES RELAY TO CLOSE (plunger in) or ACTS AS SPEAKER RETURN (plunger out)
  • - BLACK is TREATED AS LIVE TRANSMIT (From RELAY -ACTIVE- WIRE) or TRANSMIT switch
That means you'll need to convert using the above to either RELAY (FIGURE 2 Above) or Electronic using FIGURE 3 (Middle above)

So, that means you'll have to determine if your 1140 is either Relay or Electronic
EITHER WAY - AT MIC Plug...
  • - TREAT Pin 3 and Pin 4 as SHIELD or COMMON - which is GROUND
Because you cannot guarantee unless you check and verify IN THE 1140 that ONLY Pin 3 or Pin 4 are used - else both pins are assumed used and have a place to go.

Someone must have changed the cord on the mic at some point. I have a ton of them if there is any way I can help, let me know.
Yes, they must have changed the cord, so should I put the yellow wire where the white wire should go? BTW thanks for the help :)

The only five pin din Lafayette I have is a micro 723. I bought it due to it having an M+3B that came with it. If need be I can check how that plug is wired, as I have not changed it.

The only five pin din Lafayette I have is a micro 723. I bought it due to it having an M+3B that came with it. If need be I can check how that plug is wired, as I have not changed it.
I tried 3 times to use a 5 pin din mic plug off other mics and failed. Time to let the pros handle it. Will take the mic with me the next time I see my cb tech. Thank you all for your help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.