• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner M+3 from relay to electronic switching

2NC995

DAN
Feb 23, 2008
Coastal NC
This question has come up frequently and I had to do a Roadking 60 today, so I thought I’d snap a couple photos.

Very easy to do this.

Set up for relay switching the mic terminals will be configured as below, opening and closing the red and black with operation of the PTT. The far right terminal is not used in this configuration.

EE658B6F-5CC8-44F8-BF31-55DE77E1652A.jpeg

To configure for electronic switching, the red wire needs to be moved to the empty terminal on the right. And a jumper added from the center terminal to ground. This will make the red / black wires alternately connected to ground with operation of the PTT.

0E886CDA-A7C8-43D3-B18A-97B9A6C58EFF.jpeg

Hope that’s of use to someone..and if by chance I’ve done it wrong I’m sure someone will share!

Incidentally, I could not find a TR175 local and while they’re readily available online, I didn’t want to delay with virus-delayed shipping. I also tend to be a “have it now” kind of guy.

Learned from this site, I stacked 5 357 button batteries along with 3 brass washers to make up the length and put the mess in some thin wall 1/2” shrink tube. Works excellent.

5E96B89E-DD95-4FD3-8964-0E0B528DB743.jpeg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.