• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner Plus Three on a Yaesu FT-757?

KC8MWG

Oct 18, 2023
Just got a Yaesu FT-757 on EBay. It comes with a hand mic but I'd like to use it with a desk mic. I have a nice Tuner Plus Three that I'd like to use. I know the stock Yaesu mic has "up/down" buttons but I don't generally use that sort of feature except when operating 2-meter mobile and switching memory channels for different repeaters. Looking at the Yaesu mic wiring diagram in the manual it looks like I only need 3 pins on an 8-pin connector, but I'm not sure how to integrate the Turner wiring into that. Can someone help me out here, please?

Reactions: lonestarbandit

Good evening. Not sure if this might be of any help. I had the turner wiring somewhere, but for the life of me cant find the pic.
*found a substitute pinout for turner +3*
12f576cfc9676f45ab0d897f4f3017a8.jpg
MicWiring_2.jpg

Reactions: KC8MWG
They sound exquisite on a Yaesu. I had used one for many years on the 757 and it truly was and excellent match.
I have never had one or a 757 but have heard plenty of them and they just don't sound good. I really hate the turner sound to begin with so that could come into play.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.