• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tuvalu Islands - 11 meters

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Now active on 27.590 usb.... 276AT/0
I worked him around 1:30pm today. Signal not real strong yet, but should get better.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Nauru.png

Here is interesting piece of info I found about Tuvalu - http://spaceinfo.com.au/2010/08/28/tuvalu-islands-in-danger/. The Tuvalu Islands in Danger.

"As a result of rising sea levels, like the Republic of Kiribati (South Pacific) and Maldives (Indian Ocean), Tuvalu is also in danger of submerging. Water gushes out from the ground, and houses and roads are flooded during high tide. Spring water from dents that were made during construction of the airfield, lowlands where people tend to live, and contaminated wastewater dramatically decreasing foraminifers, which are responsible for forming sands, are suspected as the causes of this phenomenon.

However, in Tuvalu, since the highest point is only 4.5 metres above sea level, it is a land easily affected by rises in the sea level. The nation has already begun evacuating some of its residents to New Zealand. Japan is cooperating in coastal protection, disaster prevention, and developing alternative energy sources."

Last edited:
Reactions: tecnicoloco

Hi,
Not good coditions from his location to EU or N. America. Mostly S. America and a few Asia contacts it seems is better for him now.

sadly he went QRT.
All i heard was one burst of : CQ 276AT I didnt get the 0 at all just that..
..been monitoring for days..... its still zzz in my ears hihi.

The positive news !
He left some of his gear to 276at101 a old well known DX station.
So there is a active station again !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.