• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TV Show Featuring Fictional Ham Sparks Crop of New Hams

Tim's character seems to have the same views as The Family Guy FCC song
that's so popular with sound toys CB'ers use. Sounds like an undertone for rallying support to get the FCC to relax their restrictions on the airwaves so that the radio and tv industry can sell more immoral smut and go after what whoever had Tim Allen say that line to go after what they deem is more important.

P.S. I do like Tim Allen's Tim the tool time Taylor character though and...
Galaxy Quest - Trailer [HD] - YouTube

P.S. That's all the preaching I'm gonna do here so relax.

Last edited:
the last time I heard anything about this,................ he (NN6JA) was advised by his lawyer to NOT use amateur frequencies during the TV show due to it being an obvious violation of 97.113 (a) (2) and 97.113 (a) (3).

that's why it is carefully worded as follows: "... viewers will hear a pileup created by using the voices of hundreds of real hams, sent in to the production company".

I'll lay odds that the "... for the first time in the series, Baxter will briefly talk on the radio." will not actually be a real RF transmission.

other than that,........ I think it is a great idea<More audio>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned