• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Typical Ebayer

"I beleive it has 4 pills in it but I don't know witch pills they are"
Is it too much trouble to remove the case and look?

pirate 500 HD linear amplifier | eBay

After 14 years of eBaying I can translate this auction.

Seller says: I am listing as parts or not working because my power supply will not run it .

Translation: The first time I keyed this bad boy it smoked my power supply.

Seller says: I have had it hooked up it does power up , power light , rec light and fan do come on.

Translation: Not sure what happened after the smoke left the amp but my "tech" managed to get the power light and fan to work. Everything else is toast.

Seller says: I have not tried to operate this , may work great, may not

Translation: Amp is fried...better get it listed on eBay quick so I can buy another one before the wife finds out.

Seller says: I beleive it has four pills in it but not sure witch pills they are.

Translation: Not enough left of the "pills" after the fire to read the numbers. Oh well, not my problem anymore. Thanks eBay!!

Reactions: 2 people

Seller says: I am listing as parts or not working because my power supply will not run it .

Seller says: I have had it hooked up it does power up , power light , rec light and fan do come on.

Translation: Not sure what happened after the smoke left the amp but my "tech" managed to get the power light and fan to work. Everything else is toast.

Translation: Amp is fried...better get it listed on eBay quick so I can buy another one before the wife finds out.

Seller says: I beleive it has four pills in it but not sure witch pills they are.

Translation: Not enough left of the "pills" after the fire to read the numbers. Oh well, not my problem anymore. Thanks eBay!!

:laugh: :laugh:

More than likely...

It was a POS when I got if off ebay. Now I'm gonna pass it on to you.

I wouldn't buy an amp off ebay even if Billy Graham or Jesus himself were selling it.

more class c rf splattering junk LOL!! I would surely not trust a guy that does not know how to use a screwdriver to remove the cover!!

more class c rf splattering junk LOL!! I would surely not trust a guy that does not know how to use a screwdriver to remove the cover!!

Maybe it has hex screws without a slot for a screwdriver. It could be he just didn't have the correct nutdriver or a small crescent wrench! Maybe it had 4 phillips screws with the heads stripped out so he couldn't remove the case.
BTW I just took a valium so maybe I am being mellow and overly nice.
I just read the bottom of the listing and it is a 10 meter amp without a ssb switch.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.