• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tyt Th9000d

I don't own one but a friend has the 220 version and is very happy with it. I have heard him and it sounds good. I have been considering picking the 440 version up for the car.

I like my Baofeng HT's so far, as far as what they are intended for...camping, hiking, emer communications in car, but have found they suck as a rag chewing radio. The low power doesn't bother me...I'm real close to a kick-butt repeater...but they sure get hot if you try to have a long winded conversation, and you can forget simplex.

I have one and I have never used it. Right after I got my General people I knew for years started giving me radio gear. I also have four different version cover different frequencies. Never used those either.

Yaesu FT-2900...Good Rig at a fair price
http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/bro/yaesu/ft2900r.pdf

http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=104&products_id=67287
Nothing against the TYT, but I have one of these for about 4 years now. Excellent receiver, 84 watts right out of the box, now with rebate it's cheaper than the TYT.
I found it easy to program(once you got the hang of it), transmit audio a plenty(had to back mine down).
I have a Diamond repeater antenna 3- 5/8th's stacked Vertical at 48 ft.
I have no problem reaching 50-100 mile+ simplex distances on regular basis.(early morning conditions)...Hitting most repeaters in a 60 mile radius is common(Skywarn).
When I first got it only had a HB 1/4 wave GP at 20ft...simplex range was 25-60 miles with good conditions.
So I have found it to be a good performer for the cost. I think it carries a (2) year warranty (but don't quote me there).
I think you'll find others here own the same rig, and had similar good reports.
All the Best
Gary

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated