• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

under channel 1

Then you have the crazy folks who work Echo Charlie frequencies.
86/85m 3430-3500
calling 3470 LSB

45m 6530-6700
calling 6670 LSB This is actual Echo Charlie

29m 10400 USB (Experimental freeband frequency)

21m 13900-14000
calling 13970 USB (13930 used when 13970 has jamming)

21m South America
Calling 13555 USB

16m 18010-18050
calling 18030 USB

14m 20900-20980
calling 20930 USB

Then you have the crazy folks who work Echo Charlie frequencies...

29m 10400 USB (Experimental freeband frequency)...

Hmmm...that's a new one on me. I'll have to give that a listen. Where are you located (in general), jdobbs2001? Have you heard any activity on 29m?

And you're correct about "crazy folks." "Freebanding" on 11 meters is one thing, but operating on other unauthorized frequencies in the band(s) you listed would seem to me to be quite foolish nowadays, given the state-of-the-art radio location capabilities of certain government agencies.

Not only can such operation bring a swift reaction from government agencies (the FCC here in the U.S., of course), but have potential ramifications of endangering lives from interference to legitimate communications.

Many years ago, I did operate on a few Echo Charlie frequencies. No more! I used to QSO a fellow in Alabama, I believe it was, on 6670 kHz. He would openly tell me about all of his Echo Charlie exploits, not only on HF, but on VHF as well. He once proudly and gleefully announced the 140 MHz frequency on which he and a buddy would regularly chat.

One day he disappeared. Methinks the FCC most likely nabbed him. Perhaps he ended up not only losing his station equipment and paying a hefty fine, but spending some time behind bars as well.

It just ain't worth it.

I use to have a list of which frequencies below 26.965 CH. 1 that could be used without not getting into trouble with Uncle Sam but I guess in the move it got lost on the same list it had the frequencies above 27.405 CH. 40 that was way back in my freeband days and my use of linear amps
Chances are that if your not causing interference with some sort of government or maratime frequencies the FCC will leave you alone

Not everyone is bound by the FCC, there are a few other country's that play radio as well.
One or two at least.;)
I don't think the guys with the black helicopters are gonna spend a lot of time getting ready to swoop in on a low power free band station, it has been going on for years on a global scale.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.