• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 510xl Schematic (new Board)

gregcooper

May 19, 2012
Hi,
Does anyone have, or know where I can get a schematic for a Uniden pro 510 Xl? I found the ones for the old style boards, but I need one for the newer type (1999), and can't find one anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. CB Tricks doesn't have it.

Also looking for adjustments

Got a new Uniden pro 510 Xl looking for tune and adjustments. Thanks
L203 in the back with wax is am power tuned down to 2 watts, Was going to add a small box, not sure if I want to clip the mod limiter but dont know where it is dont see D141 I see D4????? Spreading coils ??? don't want a screaming blead box. Also have A DM-452 mic to go with it ( already adjusted internals in the Mic) This is different from the older board in the 510xl.
Any info will be most helpful also any links to the new board.
Grogan

Attachments

• uniden s.JPG
    uniden s.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: G-Golly Wally
I guess they are not like the older units. They were nice radios. I put a DM-452 mic on the radio set ir for 4 watt dead key and had to play around with the internal adjustment on the mic to keep it from Squealing, Also ran a good groung from radio case to frame. cause it's conected to a cigg plug for power.
Still thinking of a small rm amp.

Reactions: G-Golly Wally
I kept searching and searching, I never really did find much useful info. The schematic is impossible to get, Uniden wouldn't give me one either, they said they couldn't find it. I gave up on it. It was a good radio, quiet and received and talked well. Mine gave up the ship a month or so ago, I'm gonna miss it, lol.

I tried every 4 pin mic I had on the radio the stock mic worked best. Amazing. The three white tuneing pote are for the lights on the panel meter.
Modulation is 75-80 % out of the box with 4 watts can adjust to 5 or down to 1
Steve

I tried every 4 pin mic I had on the radio the stock mic worked best. Amazing. The three white tuneing pote are for the lights on the panel meter.
Modulation is 75-80 % out of the box with 4 watts can adjust to 5 or down to 1
Steve

And thats the best you can do with a 39 dollar throwaway radio. Those little dinky Midlands on a good antenna with a power mic sound big too.

Last edited:
Got a 520 this week. Out of the box was around 2.5dk swing to around 5. Can turn up the pot to 5dk swinging to 9. Can't figure out which one is the mod limiter. Lifted the leg on d204 and had no output at all. That diode is listed a d204 on one side of the board an the other side says d203. Not sure what that is about.

Got a 520 this week. Out of the box was around 2.5dk swing to around 5. Can turn up the pot to 5dk swinging to 9. Can't figure out which one is the mod limiter. Lifted the leg on d204 and had no output at all. That diode is listed a d204 on one side of the board an the other side says d203. Not sure what that is about.

might be same basic board as a 880 radio. it looks like D201 should be the limiter for it. have not tried it so far. just bought the radio yesterday and just now checking it out.

Let me know what you find. If 201 is the resistor very near the final, I lifted mine and did not get any increase in modulation either. Audio output remained exactly where it had been before but I might just have bad luck.

Let me know what you find. If 201 is the resistor very near the final, I lifted mine and did not get any increase in modulation either. Audio output remained exactly where it had been before but I might just have bad luck.

on this board does it have a diode D11 to the left side of the board about the middle. it could be the limiter. with out being able to see the inside of the radio it is hard to try to help. just have to go with what some one else says.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.