• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 78xl no TX or Rx

BAGEBOY

Oct 28, 2014
I was just given a uniden pc 78xl seems to be in good condition. How ever I can see the signal meter moving but No audio on recieve.i switch the PA no audio. I checks C 112 I change the driver and the finals(mosfet). No power out Any ideas..

Mic wiring comes to mind.

IF it can't send power to the rear final and driver, it can damage the audio transformer ( as in arcs a short) but it will kill and pop the transformer like a fuse but you'll still have a working radio with no power to TX or speaker, but show RX and seem to work just no TX - so when you get back in there - use a standard bulb (12V automotive tester) to place a load across on the output Diode, to foil ground battery negative from the mod transformer and see if it will light - if it lights you have a heartbeat.

You just have to figure out the CB/PA switch and see if it's been rewired for something else.

One side of the CP PA switch (pole) wires Speaker to rear output terminals - the other goes to Pre-Driver and makes(CB) or breaks(PA) the POWER connection to the Pre-driver.

Attachments

• PC78MicJackPinout.jpg
    PC78MicJackPinout.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 5
  • PC78RearPanelInnards.jpg
    PC78RearPanelInnards.jpg
    779 KB · Views: 6
  • PC78Frontpanelfromrear.jpg
    PC78Frontpanelfromrear.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200211_123057.jpg
    20200211_123057.jpg