• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 880 Works but with low receive volume.

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.
A friend dropped off a box of radios that were not working correctly. All were very simple fixes until I got to this Uniden 880. It receives and transmits but with the volume cranked all the way up it is very week. TX Volume is no problem it is doing at least 100% on the scope. There is not much inside that radio, Including adjustments. Not a lot of info for that matter. Any one have any ideas?

I guess I should mention what I have looked at so far, and it is not much. Cleaned volume pot. Tried jumping Volume and RF Gain Pot. No difference. Could not find any bad solder joints. Could not see that anything was turned inside radio.

Last edited:

I think the pinout I looked at was just wrong too but that’s what happens when you trust a website that you should know better.

Glad you got it though.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated