• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 demo mode

Hi all, new to the forum ( and pretty much the hobby as well). Just a quick head's up for anyone interested- Pilot/FlyingJ's AND Loves all have the Bearcat 980 on sale for $129.99 all this month. Just putting it out there, and thanks in advance for patience/understanding on any future newb/dumb questions that might originate from this "station"....:D

I am having a hard time finding a reason why anyone would want to spend the money on these things if they are wanting more than a stock 40CH CB with legal power.
Unless you are going to hang an amplifier on back not much use to it. All of those frequencies and no power to get it out. I would just buy a good ten meter rig with at least 100 watts and mod it to get the cb channels. The 980 I bought from AMAZON has been modded in the modulation circuits. I hooked it to a scope and the wave form was being clipped on top and bottom.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated