• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB Back light Colors

riverrat373

Aug 2, 2012
I recently purchased a Uniden 980 and seem to have two green back light colors and no amber as shown in their ads. Has anyone had the same problem? :sad:

None of my display colors match the one on the box. If you'll notice the picture on the box it doesn't have a coarse clarifier either. Atleast the box mine came in doesn't.

I know some of the early 980's were made in china and this last batch if them are made in Vietnam. may or may not make a difference. Maybe the china ones have the amber display.

looks like they may have changed the 980ssb now that the president grant 2 is out, the grant 2 doesn't have a coarse clarifier either and only has a couple choices for the lighting color, they both use the same chassis

Amazon.com: Uniden BEARCAT CB Radio With Sideband And WeatherBand (980SSB): Car Electronics

mouse over the pic and this one doesn't have the coarse clarifier

Been researching the grant for the better part of the evening. Watched the videos and the mods are about as simple as one could hope for. who has them at a decent price? I guess were at the mercy of getting them from the UK right now so who is a good dealer over there to buy from?

989 Screen Color

7 usable colors for the 980

989 was printed by mistake....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.