• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB Talkback Question?

I know that I still have my stock mic, but off the top of my head, I don't know where I stuck it, lol.

You could swing by a truck stop, though, and pick up a cheap mic for testing purposes. Or, pick up a nicer one to keep on hand as a backup; spare parts and accessories are always good to keep around, anyway. Or, if you have a friend nearby, who also has a CB, you might see about borrowing a mic from him for about 5 minutes.

I have no experience with the Extreme 2018, and know very little about it. It could be that you have a factory defect in that mic. Is it noise canceling? Maybe whatever cancels the background noise is defective. Maybe there is a short in one of your settings dials, and the mic thinks that it's set all the way up to 11.

Or, it could just be what Sonoma said; talkback and that mic just don't play nice together.

I don't really know why the 980 NEEDS talkback. Keeping it on has never appealed much to me; it's very distracting to me, to hear myself as I speak. Hard to complete a sentence, without losing my train of thought. Even if I had echoing capabilities, I wouldn't need to use talkback to check it, because I wouldn't use that, either.

I guess I've just gotten boring as time progresses, lol.

Hi,
Well, I got everything to work together without the feed back.

I'm still getting out VERY well it seems on AM!

I ran the radio gain all the way down and then back up to "2" which is halfway of whats available and...

The feedback dissapeared?

Admittedly everything is off or set to "0" on the mic but I'm happy and the external speaker sounds VERY good!

Thanks for the help, the next project will be to go in and tune the radio down and put on the little amp!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.