• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980ssb no tx

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
Hello, I live in KY and yesterday we had some really bad thunderstorms come through. My uniden 980 was working fine before the storms and after the storm passed guess what NO TX. I forgot to unhook the coax my bad but that is really ridiculous. My dx-2527 still works perfectly fine but the 980ssb is dead on transmit. Can someone tell me how to check the final trans with a VOM METER. Thank you....

MOSFETs are a really hardy device. But that also have one major weakness too. They do not handle static electricity. They will snap. Not saying that is the cause and your problem. But it might be so.

Send it to a shop or just replace it to see if that isn't the problem. Testing a MOSFET is a little complicated but you can if you must. There are YouTube videos on that subject. If you replace it with a International Rectifier IRF-520N, just be sure that you match the gate/drain/source leads with the MOSFET you are taking out. Their pinouts are both different from each other; so you have been warned!

I know it is the mosfet final. I have replaced it twice already. The other times it went south was because the gate voltage was set at 5.7 volts from factory. I turned it down to 3.8 volts as recommended.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.