• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980ssb Power adjust

My 2950DX is easy, had it tuned up but I told the Teck I wasn't going to use an amp, I just opened it last week and adjusted so on AM the dead key when the variable power was all the way down is 1.5 watts. I don't think you will get TVI unless you start spreading coils and such.

I don't tweak my HiFi or TV because they are properly adjusted from the factory.

CB's are usually thrown together and boxed for shipment.

New CBs, made in china, are assembled by 8 year olds in sweat shops for $2 an hour. That screams quality built.

Reactions: 1 person
Just to make a corection thats 2 dollars a day. You then subtract room and food........and a little more to keep the job with the boss.....

the short answer is no, its not worth turning power up for numerous reasons.

the power components will last longer if they are run at design power levels.

the signal will most likely be dirtier.

you may be unable to properly modulate an increased carrier, or more likely pop components trying too.

the main reason its pointless is very simple, the gain from an extra watt or two is totally unnoticeable at the receive end so completely pointless, but may well be better at causing tvi/rfi with your neighbours making you very popular in the neighbourhood.

chances are your radio will sound like shit, letting every sensible user around you know you've fucked up your pride and joy. trust me, you don't need radio direction finding equipment to suss out who the morons that tamper with radios without knowing what they are doing are, all you need to do is listen to their shitty transmissions,

if you still struggle to realise who they are, they have one dead fire giveaway when seeking repair of what they fucked up " honest, i didn't touch it, it just blew up"

i wish i had a pound for every bellend that told me that in the past 3 decades

is it still worth it?

bottom line,

without the proper tools, service gear and knowledge, only a complete fucking moron takes the side screws out their radio, without the knowledge/equipment the odds against you fucking it up are about 50/50, never wonder why these same experts don't tweak their tv's or hifi's,

Hooooo boy!!!!! Anger problem there bud????? I dont know ONE person that runs a stock out of the box CB...... Every radio that i have had has been tweaked.....

uniden pwr output

I tweak my cb radios for forward modulation on an average watt meter.
usually end up with about 3 watts with a forward swing or i use my light bulb dummy load for increase brightness of bulb.
Fuzzy

I have never had a nib radio perform very well with factory settings.. Most are real dogs with about 25 to 45% modulation, LOL. I ususlly tweak them up a bit and have better luck..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.