• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden FM mode CB Radios

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
For you FM gents. Maybe this is old news or maybe not. Reading through Simon's blog and ran across info about uniden finally jumping into the fm business. Here's a few pictures and the word is that the 980ssb has been discontinued and will be replaced by a 980 with am fm ssb. Screenshot_20220917-183015_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20220917-182921_Samsung Internet.jpg

Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:

828 you are correct.
I did some looking and found this test report for the uniden AM/FM
I can't find one for sale and as W9 said nothing on the Uniden web site but it looks like the radio is real and built for the FCC market.
See attached PDF files.
Still can't find anything on a 980 with FM but maybe it will show up too.

Jeff

Attachments

• Test-Report-5668602.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • External-Photos-5668594.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
after 2 new 980 radios both early n late model both have bad displays im not going to buy another uniden

Reactions: Handy Andy
828 you are correct.
I did some looking and found this test report for the uniden AM/FM
I can't find one for sale and as W9 said nothing on the Uniden web site but it looks like the radio is real and built for the FCC market.
See attached PDF files.
Still can't find anything on a 980 with FM but maybe it will show up too.

Jeff
I was only reporting what I've been gathering from Simon's blog for the last few months. Some of it comes from him and some from comments there but Simon has been a pretty credible source of coming equipment as well as first reports on some models. Many many rigs he reported on during their experimental/prototype phase and others he's reported on from his sources which have all turned out to be correct. Pretty solid source you could say.

I'm not much on fm but knowing others on wwdx are and through it was worth sharing.

Seems President has pretty much dominated the fcc legal fm rigs in the US with Cobra making a small attempt so it's good to see uniden jumping on the wagon.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated