• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Grant Help

ok, I got the clairifier opened back up. I did'nt get the full 4kz down and 1 kz up. clarifier is off center, talked to a friend of mine a few miles away, he said it sounded great on all 3 bands. I tuned to him. so I guess everything must be close in allignment.

ok, I got the clairifier opened back up. I did'nt get the full 4kz down and 1 kz up. clarifier is off center, talked to a friend of mine a few miles away, he said it sounded great on all 3 bands. I tuned to him. so I guess everything must be close in allignment.

With that much offset, there must be a resistor mod on that board that extended the clarifier range. It should have about ~800khz +/- when opened up from stock.

I usually re-align the VCO, input and output oscillator after doing the clarifier mod. I get a local station that uses a Yaesu, Kenwood, or Icom to tune the output oscillator for USB/LSB to get them as close to practical as possible. Setting the AM carrier first; then USB and LSB. A-1

I don't know anyone with one, I do have a frequency counter, and a 30mhz oscope that I inherited if that will help me get it lined up.

Thanks Rob, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Got a 5 o'clock start time in the morning, going to be a long day. I'll let you know how that turns out, and then I'll try putting the frequency mods back in.

Ok, Everything falls within specs,(I don't have a tone generator so I had to skip that part) I reinstalled the mods, and once again pin 10 does nothing, everything else works fine. pin 10 must be dead. Talked to my friend again after tweaking everything he said the audio sounded spot on. Think I will just have to be happy with it or, get a new pll.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.