• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden grant no receive

which version of the Grant is it ? XL/LT/President/Uniden ? tells us more ? Does it transmit on both AM and SSB ? did you check the mic plug out or try another one ?

its a xl.....i have a 5 to 4 pin adapter on it......im pretty sure it transmits but there no recieve at all.......i know its not the mic because it works on my other radio.....ill check the socket

so it TX's on AM and SSB but you do not get any RX on either ? Do you use a ex.speaker from the jack on the back ? has this 5 pin to 4 pin adaptor been used my you before without any problems ? You need to eliminate a few more possibilities MT . Use ex.speaker (if you have one) in the PA jack and see if that works (turn your mic gain down pretty close to off so you don't blow yourself out) if it works , that will eliminate the audio chip from being bad .

Does the meter show RX, but it's not coming out the speaker? Really to troubleshoot this properly, you need a signal generator.

the meter shows nothing.......i had it on the super bowl the other day while skip was rolling good.....and it was dead silent.......im gonna try that tomorrow switch thanks everyone for the ideas by the way !

Make sure its not set on PA. :D Make sure the rf gain is all the way open, usually to the right. :D Turn the squelch all the way to the left.:DBe sure the antenna is screwed on the back, and turn up the volume.:D.......................just thinkin'

Then take the mike plug apart and re-solder the receive wire back onto the mike connector. (y)Best if you get rid of the adapter. If all this don't fix it, you need a tech, cause its an fet or some other part.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.