• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden HR-2510 Display fade

RatsoW8

Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T
Nov 3, 2009
West Central Michigan
I’ve noticed recently that the frequency display on my Uniden President HR-2510 is getting a little dim. I thought it was just the way daylight was hitting the display but it’s not.

When I first turned it on yesterday morning driving to work the digits on the frequency display were nice and black and easy to read. By the time I got to work, about 12 minutes later the display looked like it had faded a lot. The s meter display is fine as you can see in the pictures but the freq display gets lighter after the rig warms up.

I repeated the problem by turning off the radio for just a minute or two and turning it back on. I could actually watch the display digits fade over about a 5 second period after the radio was turned on. Like I said, the s meter side is fine and doesn’t fade. I took the attached picture (with an iPhone) of the faded display.

I can’t find anything on the web about this problem. Hoping it’s just an old cap going bad and losing voltage. Anyone here experience this on your HR-2510?? I hate to see the display go. I’ve had this rig for along time and want to keep it going. I guess if it does go I could wire an outboard freq counter. Any ideas? Thanks!

I can’t find anything on the web about this problem. Hoping it’s just an old cap going bad and losing voltage. Anyone here experience this on your HR-2510?? I hate to see the display go. I’ve had this rig for along time and want to keep it going. I guess if it does go I could wire an outboard freq counter. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• HR-2510.JPG
    HR-2510.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 72

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.