• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden or Cobra

A

Adenfan48

Well the only Main radio i use now is a Realistic Navaho and it works Great for SSB and Am. But i have only had a Small uniden and i didnt really like it. I have had my cobra for about 6 or 7 Month and i its a really good radio and like it. I dont use it now since its in the car. But i would choose a Cobra over a Uniden anyday. Unless the Uniden has been tweaked and tuned and has Extra channels. Sure why not. Thats just my opinion.

Cobra 29 LTD classic tuned

I Max 99

& Snowcap Amp built by Radio Doctor!

Cobra 29

Cherokee Niterider 150

Pro Scanner 2030

Realistic Navaho 458

snowcap_new_2.jpg
</p>

I have a Uniden Grant LT (same board as the XL) and also a Cobra 29 (not the philippines version). I have played with the older Cobra 29's. I just like the audio better on the Grant, and the RX is far superior to any Cobra 29 I've ever used. The 29's have LOTS of audio, if that's what you're into. That's cool, but I prefer a more crisp, clear sound that you get from the Grant. Audio is really a personal preference type of deal. I also use SSB, so there's another reason I prefer the Grant.

</p>

I'm just curious, which is the better radio has the better audio circuitry? a Uniden Grant XL or a Cobra 29 Phillipine?

I know that the Phillipino 29's are THE radio to use in a keydown, but I'm hearing time and time again that, Grant XL's (208PD boards Phillipines) have far better audio circuitry. Is this true or just another one of those CB myths?

</p>

29s are nice radios when tuned right and will also take a 1969 mod BIG AUDIO ! The Grant XL/LT series was the last of the decent Uniden SSB radios ....it had a good 15 year run or so ..receive is very nice on those as well as ANLs and NBs /modifiable pll for 200 channels or so /will do about 20 watts pep on both AM and SSB ....never had a bad report on SSB with those either...most Hams on there big fancy radios would say they had nothing but respect for those Grants as far as there audio goes (-: ....I personally would rather have an XL then a Galaxy 949 or 959 anyday !! ...I think if one wanted a better performing radio that they would have to go into the export class of radios...33's on up. S-K

I dont see how anyone can even compare the 2 radios! Which has beter circuitry????? The Grant! Which has a better audio section???? The Grant! The Grant can be expanded WITHOUT adding a crystal kit. Anything you do to a 29, you can do to a Grant!

As far as "What should I buy, Cobra or Uniden?" Go buy the real deal........The Uniden. Being as how all those old Cobras are Unidens in disguise!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.