• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC 76XL mods that work

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
For all that have helped me get this far thank you again.

I'm looking for mods that will give me clean audio. I'm not looking to drive an amp, have the biggest dead key or swing into the next county. Just a little punch with clean audio.
I looking for mod's that others have done that work. I have a couple of disc with the mild to wild on them and have spent a few hours reading old post on the form. ( if you ever want to bang your head with a rubber hammer just read the posts on the npc mod on the 148)
thanx in advance.

A great place to start is with a proper tune and alignment. Then add a nice desk mic or hand mic if it's a mobile application. Nothing wrong with stopping right there and letting the radio perform as it was intended. For louder but still clean audio you will need to do an audio compression mod like the NPC, SP-1A processor, or the Top Gun modulator.

thanks

I didn't know you could do the npc mod to the 76/29.

I have done the DTB 520 mosfet to a couple of 29's

Does anyone have any feedback of the 1230/2030 from CB Tricks ?

I have 4 radios to do and I am trying to compare clarity, cost, etc.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated