• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden pc122xl

Well that will be tricky its an EXPANDER 100 board kit I installed it even had the instrutions and resistor thats needed to cut the clarifier if Im thinking correctly it was the model N EXPANDER kit

ATTENTION TONY V. Sorry I didn't see your post until now , I had the same problem once with a PC-122 , the fix for mine turned out to be the two large caps around the big audio transformer in the radio , you might try changing those out for new ones and see what happens. You sound like you have many radios so if you have any parts radios laying around ? you could take them out of those.
im001930bd0.jpg

Sorry for bringing this thread from the dead but I have a prestine PC122XL and will never get rid of mine. Such a compact radio will come in handy one day on a long trip. Wait, I did take mine on a long trip: cross country from NJ to Portland OR and back! Just had it tuned up by a tech and it is an awesome radio. Of course it does not beat my Grant XL but close enough, really love the RX on the 122.

Why did they ever stop making these, sure we got smaller CB's today, but with SSB?

I got one, the PC 122XL it is *the* compact CB to have. I have jammed and broadcaster till the chassis got fairly warm, it's still going, in it's stock form with a X-Force for the bump.

Why did they ever stop making these, sure we got smaller CB's today, but with SSB?

I got one, the PC 122XL it is *the* compact CB to have. I have jammed and broadcasted till the chassis got fairly warm, it's still going, in it's stock form with a X-Force for the bump.

I have two of these and generally you do not want to go past 15 watts output due to heat issues. I would back this radio down to a swing of not more then 10-12 watts!

Leave the limiters alone in these it is better to swap out caps on these. If need be mode the am modulation limiter slow it down but do not disable it unless you want to sound like you have a mouth full of cotton balls while talking.

Most of the worthwhile mods in these radio are based on changing cap values and changing resistor values.

Lets face it these are not AM audio giants they are a fantastically compact AM/SSB radio. Usually the people that buy these are are older men that like to talk on SSB and need something compact that they can hide or fit in their cars. The other huge market was men buying them for their wife's vehicle.

Most people not all that own these unlock the clarifier and toss a power mic on it like a D104M6B or the CRC555(?)...If you modify the mod limiter do not even think about putting a power mic on this!!!

You can add freebanding channels to these.

Back when these radios where new their was a ton of modifications for them but other then the feed forward and asymmetric modulation mod I am not a huge fan of most of them.

While they are not audio giants on AM they sound really good. With a nice power mic these radios really perform well. They are very stable on side band.

The receive is not as good as a 148 or Uniden Grant XL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.